Motor Insurance

You are legally required to take out a motor insurance policy to provide third party cover in the event of an accident.
Three types of cover are available:

Third party only

This is the minimum level of cover required by law to drive in the Nigeria. Third party only will cover the cost of any claim made by another person for damage to their vehicle or property, or resulting from injuries received. If you are in an accident that is your fault, the insurer will pay on your behalf any liability to the other people in the accident.

Third party, Fire and Theft

This type of cover includes third party insurance but in addition also insures your own vehicle for any damage or loss caused by fire or theft. Any damage or loss to your own vehicle that does not result from fire or theft will not be covered.


Covers you for third party fire and theft and any damage or loss to your own vehicle. There are still certain exclusions on this type of policy so it is essential that you read your policy documentation carefully.
All UnityKapital motor insurance policies are underwritten by UnityKapital Assurance Plc.